SINGAPORE NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP AND TOUR
Singapore is branded as the most light-polluted country in the world by Science Advances, with levels reaching a whopping 100%. Turn the impossible into a feat by embarking on Singapore’s pioneer night photography tour, our highly anticipated discovery trail that will unbridle your senses and unlock a plethora of skills within the astrophotography sphere.
Specially orchestrated by intentionally acclaimed Justin Ng, a leading astrophotographer globally, we bring you an unparalleled opportunity to hone your photography skills and supersede your peers, all without the costly blunders. Discover hidden gems and trailblaze your way in a luxurious limousine, slashing the barriers that surround extreme light pollution to create breath-taking captures of the spectacular Milky Way.
Justin is the first photographer to film a time-lapse movie of the rising Milky Way in Singapore with a DSLR. His striking works have been featured by prominent publications to the likes of Space.com, Universe Today, EarthSky, Yahoo!, Vulcan Post, TheSmartLocal, SG Magazine, TEDx Singapore, Straits Times and Mothership.
In May 2019, Justin has also proved to himself that it's possible to photograph the Milky Way in Singapore using Huawei P30 Pro.
Here's an image taken at East Coast Park on 26 May 2019 with a DSLR.
PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP COVERAGE (BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE)
- Hop on a ferry and set sail to Justin's secret spots in a luxurious BMW 740Li limousine.
- Hidden gems where you can best capture the spectacular Milky Way in Singapore will be unveiled.
- Discussion on advanced post-processing techniques not listed in his tutorial.
- Gain invaluable insights and skills on shooting the dazzling Milky Way, including star trails, time-lapses, deep-sky objects and more.
- Push your boundaries with deep-sky photography under extreme light pollution
- A set of Photoshop Actions will be provided to improve your post-processing workflow.
- Strictly only DSLR
- Fisheye or wide angle lens preferred
- Two fully charged batteries
- Memory cards and card reader
- Laptop with Photoshop installed
Note: We can provide all the above photography equipment upon request but if there are more than one participant, the equipment will be shared among the participants.
1. This is a private astrophotography workshop in Singapore and we will proceed with the workshop as long as there is one confirmed participant, up to a maximum of four.
2. Booking is subject to the availability of the tour guide and weather condition.
3. Booking is non-transferable.
4. Depending on the weather condition, the tour may commence anytime from 8pm to 2am and end by 6am the following day. Tour duration is 4 hours maximum.
1. Transport from meeting point to shooting location and back to meeting point. Up to a maximum of two locations will be used for 4 hours booking and maximum of one location for 2 hours booking.
2. Milky Way photography workshop for 2 hours booking. We will include star trails, time-lapse and deep-sky objects workshop for 4 hours booking.
3. Luxurious limousine and one professional astrophotographer guide.
4. Private astrophotography tour with up to 4 person maximum for quality coaching.
5. Photography equipment (upon request) meant to be shared among the participants.
1. Hotel pickup and drop-off.
2. Food and drink
3. Entrance fee (if any)
BAD WEATHER OPTION:
In the event of bad weather condition and you did not manage to get a single shot of the clear sky, fret not as we will provide you with one raw file taken at the shooting location previously for post-processing purpose. After all, post-processing plays a big role and it's an essential step to unveil the elusive Milky Way taken under extreme light pollution. The raw file cannot be distributed or sold without permission. The astrophotography workshop will still continue indoor (if it's raining) and outdoor (if it's cloudy) and Justin will walk you through the various setups and settings he used to capture different astronomical objects. The bad weather option will also be activated if the Milky Way is below the horizon on your tour date.
Payment is fully non-refundable.
All photographs posted here are for illustration purposes only.
SGD 840.00 nett per person for 4 hours workshop
SGD 540.00 nett per person for 2 hours workshop
4 hours / 2 hours
Up to 4 person
Luxurious limousine (BMW 740Li)
Date / Time
To be confirmed upon booking. Meeting time will be given one day before tour date.