SINGAPORE NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP AND TOUR
With a pollution level of 100%, Singapore was named the country with the worst level of light pollution in the world by Science Advances. The long awaited Singapore's first-of-its-kind night photography tour is finally a reality for you to fast-track your astrophotography knowledge and avoid costly mistakes to get there!
Led by internationally acclaimed and one of the top astrophotographers in the world, Justin Ng, you will travel to less touristy locations in a luxurious limousine, take your astrophotography skills to the next level by learning how to shoot the elusive Milky Way that's obscured by extreme light-pollution and join the privileged few to leave with never-before-seen images of Singapore in this unique astrophotography tour.
Justin is also the first photographer to film a time-lapse movie of the rising Milky Way in Singapore with a DSLR and his work was published and featured in notable publications like Space.com, Universe Today, EarthSky, Yahoo!, Vulcan Post, TheSmartLocal, SG Magazine, TEDx Singapore, Straits Times and Mothership.
Recently, Sentosa has purchased and used one of our Milky Way images in their social media ad.
PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP COVERAGE (BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE)
- You will be ferried to shoot at some of Justin's secret locations in a luxurious limousine.
- Locations of all his Milky Way shots taken in Singapore will be revealed.
- Discussion on various advanced post-processing techniques not listed in his tutorial.
- How to shoot Milky Way, star trails, time-lapse, deep-sky objects and more.
- Polar alignment to accurately track deep-sky objects and how to capture them in Singapore under extreme light pollution.
- Introduction to his astrophotography tools.
- Strictly only DSLR
- Fisheye or wide angle lens preferred
- Two fully charged batteries
- Memory cards and card reader
- Laptop with Photoshop installed
Note: We can provide all the above photography equipment upon request but if there are more than one participant, the equipment will be shared among the participants.
1. This is a private astrophotography workshop in Singapore and we will proceed with the workshop as long as there is one confirmed participant, up to a maximum of four.
2. Booking is subject to the availability of the tour guide and weather condition.
3. Booking is non-transferable.
4. Depending on the weather condition, the tour may commence anytime from 8pm to 2am and end by 6am the following day. Tour duration is 4 hours maximum.
1. Transport from meeting point to all shooting locations and back to meeting point.
2. Luxurious limousine and one professional astrophotographer guide.
3. Private astrophotography tour with up to 4 person maximum for quality coaching.
4. Photography equipment (upon request) meant to be shared among the participants.
1. Hotel pickup and drop-off.
2. Food and drink
3. Entrance fee (if any)
BAD WEATHER OPTION:
In the event of bad weather condition and you did not manage to get a single shot of the clear sky, fret not as we will provide you with up to two raw files taken at the shooting location previously for post-processing purpose. After all, post-processing plays a big role and it's an essential step to unveil the elusive Milky Way taken under extreme light pollution. The raw files cannot be distributed or sold without permission. The astrophotography workshop will still continue indoor (if it's raining) and outdoor (if it's cloudy) and Justin will walk you through the various setups and settings he used to capture different astronomical objects.
Payment is fully non-refundable.
All photographs posted here are for illustration purposes only.
USD 599.00 nett per person
USD 999.00 nett for two person (17% off!)
USD 1350.00 nett for three person (25% off!)
USD 1599.00 nett for four person (33% off!)
Up to 4 person
February to November as the Milky Way is mostly below the horizon between December and January.
Date / Time
To be confirmed upon booking. Meeting time will be given one day before tour date.